Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Radiology News


Who should read a Coronary CT angiogram?

Diagnostic Imaging has a very thought provoking article where a top insuring company has asked ACR about opinion on who is the right person to read a Coronary CT Angiogram. Will Cardiac CT stay with Radiologists?
"One of the largest health insurers in the U.S. has solicited the American College of Radiology for its opinion regarding who should read coronary CT angiography studies. In discussions with the ACR, Highmark had indicated it was considering two options: allow a radiologist to interpret the entire cardiac CT or coronary CTA study, or allow a cardiologist to read the cardiac images and contract with a radiologist to read the noncardiac portion of the study. The ACR responded in a letter in late summer that a properly trained radiologist is the best qualified physician to supervise and interpret the full data set of images involved in cardiac CT and coronary CTA. "
Read the entire article in Diagnostic Imaging here-
Who should read a Coronary CT angiogram? Reviewed by Sumer Sethi on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 Rating: 5

No comments:

All Rights Reserved by Sumer's Radiology Blog © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger,

Contact Form


Email *

Message *

All contents copyrights with Sumer Sethi. Powered by Blogger.